Happy 4th of July!
This morning I’m off to do a 4 mile race with AZ Road Runners. Race starts at 6:30 am with check-in at 5:15. Someone forgot to register…ahem. Good thing I can register at the race.
I was thinking about skipping it, but I’m meeting a blogger friend and I am so excited to meet him. Also the race is 3 miles from my house so I really have no excuse. You should check out his site. It’s pretty awesome and he’s only been blogging a month. I’m honored to have been one of his first influencers!
Today I have a couple recipes to make your 4th of July healthy, refreshing and energizing!
Start your holiday with a healthy breakfast desert, Greek Chia Parfait. This thick and creamy yogurt is packed with protein and the nutritional wonder chia seed. This is perfect for the summer when it’s too hot to eat.
Top your Greek Chia Parfait with fresh berries and sprinkles of almond slivers and you have yourself a little breakfast desert.
- ½ cup almond milk (or any nonfat milk)
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings: strawberries, blueberries & sprinkle of nuts
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a small bowl
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Remove in the morning and top with additional toppings
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 can fresca or club soda
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 1 shot of alcohol of choice (I recommend vodka or rum)
- Mix all ingredients in glass & enjoy!
- 1 small vine tomato
- ½ cup cut watermelon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 mint leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place sliced tomatoes on a plate & add watermelon
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Add salt & pepper and mint leaves
Follow Megan @ The Skinny-Life’s board 4th of July Healthy Recipes 2014 on Pinterest.
What are your plans for 4th of July?
[Tweet “4th of July Healthy Recipe Roundup”]