Happy All! How’s your week? Some good news! I got my test results and no issues were found as a result of my foot injury meds. Either my body didn’t know how to metabolsim the meds or they were conflicting with another medication. In any case, I’m not taking them anymore. I am sticking to ibuprofen as needed!
Last weekend Mom gifted me this adorable heart muffin baking pan. I had fun baking a few different recipes with it for Valentine’s Day. One was these cute, little heart shaped Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins. Well, admittedly they weren’t little! As a matter of fact, they were thicker and heartier than I expected. These are just as good as adorable and only 100 calories per muffin! Say what?!?
During the week, I don’t have time to make breakfast at home. I always have fresh fruit and a boiled egg packed for when I get to the office in the morning. Breakfast is important so don’t skimp on it!
Then I have a mid-morning snack usually a granola or fiber bar. Sometimes I like to substitute my store-bought bars with freshly made bars. These freeze well too. Sometimes I freeze half the batch so I won’t eat them all at once! A few weeks later when I’m bored of my store-bought bars, I have oat muffins waiting for me.
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 4 egg large egg whites
- 2 tbsp light honey
- 2 tbsp applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare a muffin pan with cooking spray
- Mix together in a small bowl egg whites, honey, applesauce, vanilla & almond milk
- Mix together in another bowl flour, chia seeds & mashed bananas
- Add wet ingredients to dry
- Add oats & blueberries and stir well
- Add mixture to muffin pan, about 2 spoonfulls
- Cook for 20 minutes & cool on a baking rack