Many of you have inquired about Beautycounter asking what my routine looks like and how I’ve transitioned to safer beauty. To read my previous blog post about Beautycounter and why I switched to safer beauty click here.
I know it can be overwhelming to start anything new much less a new skincare routine. My advice is start by swapping 1, 2 or 3 items in your skincare routine. Wait until you run out of your current things then swap them out. Don’t swap everything at once – this will overwhelm you!
Below are the items I use on a daily basis for my skincare and make-up routine. To join my Safer Skincare email list where I share product updates, tips and promos, click here. I’ll send you a download with the skincare ingredients to avoid!
If you have Beautycounter questions or need help selecting a product, feel free to send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org anytime!
My Skincare Routine
In the order I use them!
Step 1: Cleanse
- Clear Pore Cleanser: Soothe and nourish skin as you wash away makeup and other impurities with this gentle daily cleanser. It’s lightweight, yet exfoliates blemish prone skin without drying it out. I have combination oily-dry skin and this works perfect AM/PM for me.
- Makeup Remover Wipes: I use these when I travel, after the gym or whenever I need to quickly remove makeup and reapply. These wipes are oil-free with no added fragrance. I love that they’re gentle on the eyes and mine are very sensitive!
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel: I can’t tell you enough how amazing the resurfacing peel is and makes my skin feel so smooth!. It’s completely changed the appearance and tone of my skin! Goodbye dull skin, hello glow! This peel is formulated without synthetic fragrances, PEGs, and formaldehyde-based preservatives commonly found in peels. It replenishes skin without the irritation like you get from most peels. It pricey, but lasts forever. A little goes a long way!
Step 3: Purify (2x a week)
- Charcoal Mask: This nutrient-rich clay mask deep-cleans and balances, absorbing excess oil and drawing out impurities. Activated charcoal minimizes the appearance of pores, giving skin a smooth, refined appearance, while salicylic acid stimulates exfoliation. Great for oily and congested skin which I have. My pore size has decreased significantly since I started using this!
- Adaptive Lotion: OMG this stuff is so good. Not only does it moisturize (unlike others that just sit on top of your skin) it actually adjusts hydration levels throughout the day for longer hydration. I love that adjusts and honestly, I’ve noticed it most when I workout. My face doesn’t get oily or sweaty. I use this in the AM.
- Cleansing Milk: Technically you can use this as a cleanser (it removes makeup too) and conditioner. I use it as a conditioner in the PM. It makes your face feel super soft, nourished and hydrated.
Body & Other:
- I use this chemical free sunscreen religiously. It’s high in zinc which creates a layer of protection against the sun. The tinted sunscreen I use to create a sun tan when I don’t have one. I use the light-medium.
- I use the body wash and love the citrus smell. My boyfriend uses the charcoal body wash for men!
- I use this safer all natural deodorant.
- I use this hand cream. I bring it to the nail salon and keep it in my purse!
My Make Up Routine
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer This is a tinted foundation/moisturizer combo with SPF. I use #2!
- Color Intense Lipstick is my favorite! I love lipstick, but I don’t love the lead in over the counter ones. I also don’t love that you put them on and two seconds later they disappear, or they don’t moisturize. BC’s lipstick is lead free, moisturizes and stays on forever. I absolutely love. Use it daily so I don’t have to put on real makeup. Haha!
- Radiant All Over Bronzer gives you a nice sun kissed glow. I use the Dune or every day wear.
- Satin Powder Blush has a nice matte finish with a subtle sheen. I use the date!
- Volumizing Mascara
- Also the make-up brushes are amazing and super high quality! I clean my make-up brushes with the Charcoal Bar.
These are the products I use on a regular basis. If you have any questions about these specifically, don’t hesitate to as!
I’d be glad to share about their weight, texture, coverage, and anything else you may be wondering about, and also happy to help you figure out what would be great for YOUR SKIN.
What makes the products different?
✓ Beautycounter has banned more than 1,500 ingredients, all while ensuring that their products perform like conventional products, and that they’re as indulgent as any luxe shampoo, lipstick or oil in the market.
✓ While Beautycounter’s products aren’t 100% natural, they do forbid the most awful of the commonly used toxic ingredients. They have a NEVER LIST, which includes some of the 1500+ ingredients that you’ll NEVER find in their products, such as Parabens, Phthalates, and Formaldehyde.
✓ Beautycounter has developed a rigorous ingredient screening process, looking for data on skin irritation, carcinogenicity, reproductive toxicity, and more.
✓ Every single Beautycounter product is rated between 0-2 on EWG’s Skindeep database, which is the most amazing go-to resource for product safety!