Banana Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins that taste like mini chocolate chip cookie cakes! Chocolate lovers get ready because this is a gluten free, low calorie muffin snack you will love.
I wish I could be one of those people who’s optimistic day-in and day-out. You know the person who no matter what is going on in their world is constantly optimistic that everything will be fine, the universe is on their side and everything turns out as it is meant to be? I know everyone knows at least one person like this. I am so not that person.
The last few weeks a few amazing opportunities opened up on the job front. Opportunities I never saw coming came and doors I only imagined would open opened. Scary, but mostly exciting!
But then there’s Ms. Pessimist lingering in the background whispering like a dirty witch “what goes up, must come down” freaking me out that something’s about to go wrong. I suppose it’s logical. The law of gravity states that everything in the universe must be somehow balanced and the circle of life does seem to be consistent with this pattern. But there’s a fine line between logical and reality.
I hate that I have this deep rooted anticipation for bad things to happen. It takes away from any and all happiness or joy I should be feeling in the moment. The only thing I’ve managed to do to help myself is to face my fear. I ask myself what’s the worst possible outcome and how would I deal with it if it happened. May sound weird, but I’ve found it helps calm my fears.
If anyone has another answer to this psychological puzzle, I would love to hear it because I certainly do not have all of life’s answers! I can only offer you wellness advice (which you can find more of in my book on Amazon) and a whole lot of REALLY GOOD FOOD!
So I’ve been getting a lot of requests lately for more healthy desserts and these Banana Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are definitely a healthy treat you will want to try! Made with healthy fat, banana and gluten free oats, these portable mini banana breads are a sure way to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Really I’d say these Banana Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are more like mini chocolate peanut butter cakes than muffins. Either way you will fall in love at first bite! I haven’t made them in a few months and looking at these pictures is making me want to make them again, but I have too many others to test right now. I’m in desperate need of recipe testers!
For these Banana Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins, I used a brownie muffin pan to make them square and bit larger, but a regular muffin tin works too. Muffins are forgiving. They don’t care which pan you use as long as you MAKE THEM! So you better get on it!
- 3 small, very ripe bananas
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup unsalted peanut butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2½ cups Gluten Free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Using a standing mixer or using a hand mixer, add the egg white and bananas and blend together until banana is mashed very well and incorporated into the egg. I usually let mine go 5-7 minutes.
- Then add almond extract, almond milk, sugar and peanut butter to the town and blend until combined.
- Next add oats, cocoa powder, baking power and salt to the bowl and mix to combine. Do not over mix.
- Finally fold in chocolate chips into the batter by hand.
- Transfer to your muffin tin filling the batter about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until a toothpick can be removed clean, these will be thick so check before removing from the oven.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with cinnamon and add 1 extra chip on top of each muffin if desired.
- Keep muffins in the refrigerator in a storage container up to 1 week or freeze up to a month.
If you like this recipe, PIN IT!
Are you a pessimist or optimist?
[Tweet “#Healthy #baking never tasted so good! Banana Double #Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins”]