Hi All! Happy Friday! Are you ready for another fabulous holiday weekend? I know one thing I will be doing this weekend, working off those Christmas calories! I feel like I could fast for a week with all the sugar I’ve consumed these last few days.
Anyone looking for a new tune to spice up their playlist or bring new motivation? Try this new Brittney Spears song. I’m not a fan of hers generally, but the song has a great workout beat & good for a booty kicking workout. Take a listen.
Speaking of calories, here’s a sweet treat for only 70 calories. On Christmas Eve, I made chocolate nut drops. They are light & delicious! A must share & pass around to all friends. The recipe makes about 30 drops. A spoonful size drop is 70 calories. Such sweetness for very few calories! These were my Mom’s favorites of the cookies I baked and she’s not an easy critic. If you’re not a fan of nuts, you can substitute with a dried fruit like cranberries.
- ¼ cup pastry flour
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup baking cocoa unsweetened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup mixed nuts unsalted
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt semi sweet chocolate chips in a glass bowl placed on top of a boiling pot of water (note - do not microwave the chocolate this separates the sugar from the chocolate & will taste bad)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix eggs & vanilla then mix into dry mixture
- Stir nuts & melted chocolate into mixture
- Place spoonfuls of mixture on a baking sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes & cool on a rack
Question – what are your plans this weekend?
Enjoy the rest of your day!