Do I ever have a sweet treat for you guys today!
Eating a bowl of ice cream after dinner has been a ritual of mine for many years. I’ve always loved ice cream, but I didn’t eat it frequently until my weight loss and it’s a habit that stuck around. I attribute some of my weight loss success to adding in treats so I didn’t feel deprived ever.
I was introduced to Arctic Zero at Blend this year where I had an opportunity to sample a few of their products. So when a representative from the company contacted me to review more, I was excited and of course, recipes swirled in my head too.
Arctic Zero is a line of low-calorie, pint and bar sized frozen desert products for the health-conscious person. It’s made from a whey protein base that is naturally sweetened proprietary blend of monk fruit concentrate and organic cane sugar. Monk fruit is a melon. In fact, one of the sweetest melons in the world.
I sampled two of Arctic Zero‘s newest pint flavors this summer – Sea Salt Caramel & Orange Cream. I also tested the Maple Vanilla – a classic flavor that never goes out of style. The verdict? I loved the Sea Salt Caramel & Maple Vanilla. The Orange Cream was not my flavor, probably reminded me of those orange creamsicles I had too many of as a kid.
I liked that they did not taste overly sugary and how much ice cream you get for such low calorie content. I also liked the texture. It’s less like ice cream and more like fro yo.
- Low calorie: 150 calories per pint
- High protein: 12 grams per pint
- High fiber: 8 grams per pint
- Gluten free
- Low glycemic
- Lactose intolerant friendly
- No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
- Low calorie – 1 pint = 150 calories
- Great tasting flavors
- Overall nutritional value – low in sugar, sodium and fat
- Expensive – a pint ranges $4-5 each
- Processed ingredients – only a few though
- Serving size is shown as 4 per container – it should say 1 container as the serving size. No one is going to eat 1/4 of the container and put it away. This is one of my pet peeves about food labeling.
Recipe time! I used the Vanilla Maple Arctic Zero to whip up a smoothie. Nothing better than some smoothie goodness on a hot summer day. Using Arctic Zero, is also a great alternative to using yogurt or almond milk and it is just as thick and delicious! Unfortunately, I cannot take credit for this recipe. The Banana Berry Smoothie recipe comes to you courtesy of Arctic Zero and it is crazy good!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Maple Arctic Zero
- 1 frozen banana
Now for the giveaway! Arctic Zero is offering 1 reader 3 vouchers to redeem for free AZ at their local grocery store. That way the ice cream won’t melt in route to your home. The giveaway runs through Friday 8/15. Good luck!
Disclaimer – Arctic Zero sent me product for this review. All opinions stated here are my own.
[Tweet “Arctic Zero Review, Smoothie Recipe & Giveaway”]