These Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies are a scrumptious 100 calorie treat! Made gluten free with oats, this soft and chewy cookie is packed with rich chocolate and zucchini you can’t even taste.
If you’re looking for a yummy cookie recipe to make, then you came to the right place today! These Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing! They’re a spin off of my Zucchini Chocolate Oatmeal Bites I shared with you last month. Of course, you cannot even taste the zucchini. That’s what I love about baking with it. You can sneak in it and get more veggies without even trying. A great way to get yourself and the kiddos to eat more of them!
Zucchini or any squash for that matter is great to bake with because it adds so much moisture to the batter which is what makes these Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies thick, chewy and creamy! Not to mention they’re nutritious too. Oh yeah, did I mention they’re 100 calories? Well, technically 104 calories but close enough! That just means you can eat multiple without fearing the bulge of the belly.
I brought a batch of these to the pool for the other swim instructors to try and they loved them! They’re all high school age or recently graduated. I’m like one of 3 instructors who’s middle-aged. OMG…I can’t believe I’m middle-aged! I just realized this or maybe I’ve been avoiding it. I may need a moment to recover from this reality attack.
The point is if I can convince a bunch of teenagers that these Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies are good, then I can turn you into a believer too! One of these days if I ever open that dream cafe these cookies will be on the menu along with this, this and this. Maybe it will be more of a bakery than a cafe? Oh boy, just another thing to figure out!
Grab the kids and have fun whipping up a batch of these easy peasy, gluten free and low calorie Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies. A scrumptious treat that’s perfect for summertime baking and family fun!
- 1 cup of zucchini, shredded & packed tightly (~1 medium zucchini)
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup Truvia brown sugar baking blend
- 1¼ cups Gluten Free oat flour
- 1½ cups Gluten Free oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda and oats. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, egg white and vanilla extract. Add the shredded zucchini to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Next fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients incorporating it well. Then fold the chocolate chips into the batter dispersing throughout.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the batter at a time onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.
- Keep in an air tight container up to a week in the refrigerator or up to a month in the freezer.