Whip up a batch of these Easy Spinach & Pepper Egg Muffins over the weekend for a protein packed breakfast you can take with you all week long! They’re low calorie, gluten free, Paleo and simply delicious! Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Calorie
Some weeks you just need a redux! It’s been one of those weeks where I had too much to do, was distracted by many things and technology was definitely not on my side. My computer’s still giving me issues on and off and my tax advisor advised me not to buy a new one until next year. I guess I pay her to tell me things I want to hear and not want to hear. So I’m just crossing my fingers that this one one holds on until then.
You know what else deserves a redux? Old, ugly picture recipes! They just keep coming back to haunt me like a few weeks ago when Eating Healthy magazine shared my egg muffins on Instagram and suddenly thousands of people were coming here seeing horrible pictures that look like a third grader took them. I would be lying if I said I was happy about it. In fact, it was gut wrenching.
Slowly I’ve been going through my recipe index and reshooting them. It’s a daunting task and truthfully, I feel as if I’ll never finish. Some recipes like this Easy Spinach Pepper Egg Muffins are just too good and deserved to be re-shared in a brand spanking new post!
I’ve been making egg muffins for many years than I can remember. I always struggled working a full time job being able to eat them for breakfast though because there wasn’t enough time in the morning to cook them. Apparently, I’m still struggling. HAHA!
At one point, I realized I could make them in muffin form on the weekend and have them ready to go during the week to get my protein fix! They were also an egg-cellent way for me to eat more vegetables without trying too hard.
These Easy Spinach Pepper Egg Muffins take less than 30 minutes to make on the weekend, are gluten free, low calorie and completely customizable too. A guaranteed breakfast life savior for busy mornings. They certainly saved me this week!
Join 10k subscribers & get insider health tips!
Get my FREE eBOOK Achieve Your New Healthy Life + A BONUS discount when you join!
- 10 large egg whites
- ¼ cup baby spinach, shredded
- 1 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan cavities liberally with nonstick cooking spray or place silicone liners in the cavities.
- Divide bell pepper and spinach evenly amongst 5 muffin cavities. Then crack two egg whites into each cavity.
- In a ramekin, mix salt, pepper, garlic powder & thyme. Sprinkle spices evenly on eggs.
- Place in the oven and bake 325 for 25 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the oven and let site 2-3 minutes then use a small plastic spatula to remove from the muffin cavities. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely then store in the refrigerator up to a week.
What I Used For The Recipe