Morning Friends! Today I have another delicious low-calorie treat to share with you. Speaking of calories, there are several new fad diets out now that claim counting calories does not equate to weight-loss. I completely disagree with this. In order to lose weight, you must consume fewer calories than your body requires to maintain daily function. I am a proof of this because I lost 80 pounds four years ago and have successfully maintained my weight-loss.
This article was posted yesterday by Women’s Health Magazine and support my calorie counting theory. I achieved my 80 pound weight-loss through calorie counting, adjusting meal portion sizes and exercising daily. A lot of people regain weight after they lose it because they do quick fix diets. Our bodies need to be re-trained during weight-loss to understand the right number of calories it really needs to consume and this is done through calorie counting, serving size adjustments and fitness activity. If you are trying to lose weight, my best advice to you is STOP jumping on diet band wagons. They are quick fixes that do not result in long-term weight-loss.
Here’s my latest baking miracle….mint chocolate hazelnut muffins. I brought them to work yesterday and everyone was raving about how good they were. They couldn’t believe they were only 150 calories. Check out the recipe below and giveaway!
- 1/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Toast hazelnuts on medium heat in a small pan on the stovetop ~5-7 minutes or when you just smell the nuts
- Remove nuts from heat, allow to cool then chop nuts into fine bits
- Meanwhile mash bananas, add sugar, egg, vanilla & applesauce in a large mixing bowl
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Mix chocolate chips & hazelnuts
- Fill muffin liners ½ way
- Bake 18 minutes at 375 degrees
- 150 calories per muffin (includes optional hazelnuts)
I have a giveaway for my readers this week. Two free Quest Nutrition protein bars. For the giveaway, complete the form below by midnight Wednesday, March 12th. I will announce the winner on Friday! Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway