Chocolate Protein Cookies made with six healthy ingredients! Layered with chia, flax, peanut butter and banana, these scrumptious snacks are gluten free, dairy free, low calorie, Paleo and vegan. A simple post workout snack!
Chocolate Cookies!!! Need I say more?
And these aren’t just any cookies, these are YUMMY Chocolate Protein Cookies!
Once upon a time, I deprived my body of protein. I would workout, workout, workout then I would feed my body one egg white. But truthfully, I didn’t know better.
Of the three macronutrients, protein is commonly the one most are not getting enough of, particularly women and those who are fitness newbies. Personally I think macro nutrition should be part of standard education because it’s so important for everyone to understand and even more now with the obesity epidemic.
Eventually I realized through tracking my calories the errors of my ways and that I needed a lot more protein to recover, restore and rebuild muscle tissue from my workouts. Once I tweaked my diet, not only did I recover faster but I also saw better results from my workouts. Not to mention protein is a great way to tame the hunger monster. Cookies are too…hint…hint!
But I didn’t add just any protein because quality matters and when it comes to protein powders, I’m very picky. I will only do plant-based ones that are low in sugar, are gluten and lactose free with minimal ingredients. I know! It’s a lot to ask for and it’s probably why it took me so long to find one, but Vega was worth the wait! Now it’s been in my life a couple years and I couldn’t imagine life without it.
Awhile back Vega sent me their new Vega Sport Performance Protein. I loved it so much I put it in a Chocolate Protein Cookie. And this isn’t just any chocolate cookie either. For only having 6 ingredients, this cookie’s got game. Made with banana, chia, flaxseed, peanut butter and chocolate it’s the perfect balance of carbs, protein and healthy fat!
Now I know what you’re thinking. Protein? Why protein in a cookie?
One of the simplest baking hacks is swapping flour for protein powder (for those who didn’t know that). The KEY is making sure it’s a protein powder you like because no cookie is going to cover up a bad protein powder. Just sayin‘.
Protein aside, who’s going to say no to a CHOCOLATE cookie? I don’t know about you, but I could eat a cookie any time of day. Morning, noon or night.
Now for the fun part! My friends at Vega are giving away one tub of their protein powder to one lucky reader. Enter below for a chance to win. Giveaway will be open through this Sunday. I’ll be crossing my fingers for you!
Join 10k subscribers & get insider health tips!
Get my FREE eBOOK Achieve Your New Healthy Life + A BONUS discount when you join!
- 1 small banana, ripened
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup golden flax seeds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter flour*
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (Vega Sport nutritional vanilla shake is what I use)*
- 2 tbsp dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing or hand mixer, mash the banana until creamy. Then add the chia and flax seeds and blend until well combined.
- To the batter, add protein powder and peanut flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix or it will become firm and hard.
- Fold in chocolate chips to the batter by hand.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure 6 cookies onto the baking sheet. With the palm of your hand, spread them into a circular shape as these will not spread or rise on their own.
- Bake cookies 8-9 minutes until firm and edges are browned.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet with a spatula and place on a wire rack to cool 10 minutes prior to devouring.
**For Paleo, substitute almond, sunflower, cashew butter