A satisfying Cauliflower Kale Frittata with only four ingredients and takes under 30 minutes to make! A savory breakfast that’s gluten free, low calorie and Paleo too.
I know what you’re thinking. This looks a lot like pizza. It’s not. It’s Cauliflower Kale Frittata and it is by far the best frittata of all time. I should know. I’ve made this recipe four times in the last two weeks. For starters, this egg-cellent recipe only has four ingredients, cauliflower, kale, parmesan and eggs. Well, minus the 1 tbsp of milk, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper but those more like accessories than ingredients. Too small to count!
But the best part is just how stupid, simple it is to make this Cauliflower Kale Frittata. You know I’m all about easy and this is a frittata for dummies. It’s so easy, a kid could make it. Maybe that should be my new tagline? “Recipes so easy, your kids can make them!” Haha! Don’t worry, I won’t quit my day job. Oh wait, I already did! Hopefully you’re laughing with me by now otherwise my dreams of becoming a comedian will never come true. 🙁
So any who…this Cauliflower Kale Frittata was inspired by Green Giant cauliflower crumbles. I discovered them last year at Target and am in love with them! This isn’t sponsored in any way, I just happen to love them! They’re perfect for adding to salads, soups and casseroles and also convenient for making cauliflower rice, cauliflower smoothies, cauliflower alfredo, cauliflower granola and cauliflower pancakes. I kinda use cauliflower in everything!
Cauliflower and I have a love-hate relationship. You see this is one vegetable I cannot stand cutting or chopping in any way shape or form. There’s always little bits of cauliflower flying around my kitchen. I find itty-bitty pieces of it on the counter, lodged between the counter and oven, on the floor, and in my hair for dayzzz. It makes me crazy! On the other hand, cauliflower is one of very few foods that help my digestion issues and don’t irritate my gut so in that sense, I am forgiving of its messy ways.
As you know, I have an unwavering love for eggs morning, noon and night not to mention I’m always looking for ways to eat more veggies so this solves problems on multiple fronts for me. Hopefully for you too. Now get those kids to work!
Get A Custom Meal Plan!
Take the guesswork out of meal planning with my Custom Meal Plans! As a nutrition practitioner, my meal plans are personalized to your nutrition, activity and lifestyle needs because there is no one size fits all when it comes to food.
$37.99 for a one week plan with a personal lesson from me on building healthy meals via Skype or phone!
- 1 cup crumbled cauliflower*
- 1 cup kale, removed from ribs & shredded
- 1½ tsp grated parmasean**
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add cauliflower crumbles to the skillet with ¼ cup water.
- Cover the skillet to cook the cauliflower until it softens, about 8 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add kale, garlic powder and thyme to the skillet stirring to combine with the cauliflower.
- Once the kale has wilted, removed the vegetables from the skillet and add them to the egg mixture.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add the eggs and vegetables back into the skillet, sprinkle with parmesan, cover and cook until the edges are set, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the broiler to high. After 5 minutes, remove the cover and place the skillet in the oven for 8 minutes until the top of the frittata is cooked.
**Omit cheese for Paleo.