Happy Sunday All! Hope your weekend has been fun & relaxing. For those of you in the cold, I hope your getting your fitness on to stay warm! 😉
I’ve had several reader’s request to subscribe to my blog via email. You can subscribe from my home page http://skinnyfitalicious.com by entering your email and you will receive an email each time a new post goes up.
It’s with mixed feelings I’m telling you today that my Mom is staying in Arizona with me another week. While I’m thrilled to have her staying, I’m not so thrilled about the pain I’m still having in my foot. Friday night I had a Visit to Urgent Care where they told me it was possibly bursitis of the foot. Based on the severity of pain & that I’m walking slower than a turtle, I suspect something else is going on. Mom is staying a longer to help me get through the week. I’m thankful she doesn’t work & is gracious enough to stay. My whole life she has always put everyone else’s needs before her own. She really is a saint. I do feel bad for my Dad who is home alone in Wisconsin. I wish he were adventurous enough to hop a plane & surprise us. Hint….hint…
Today I’m taking it easy again. I have a busy work week ahead & need every ounce of recovery time to get ready for it. I’m going to the gym this morning to bike & do strength exercises. I’ve researched online possible injuries – bursitis, plantar fasciitis or achilles tendon. For each of these injuries, low-impact exercise like swimming & biking is recommended for recovery. Tomorrow morning I plan to make an appointment with an orthopedic to have this evaluated. I want to address this right away & ensure I’m doing the right things to heal the injury.
Here are my Sunday Fun-Day loves for the week.
1. CEP Compression Socks – Last month I purchased calf compression socks (in pink, of course) for the half marathon I did last Sunday RnR Half Marathon Recap. I met a woman at a race last year & she recommended them to me. She found they improved her race time as well as recovery. I used mine for the first time last weekend & it was my best race time ever. My recovery time was still the same. Everyone is different though. I will absolutely be using these again. I’m planning to buy a full compression sock soon (probably in pink too)!
2. Detox Water – a refreshing drink & great way to jazz up your water. Drink up butter cup!
4. Nuevo Counter Stools – I moved into my new house last May & searched for months for sleek, modern counter stools. I found these online & they were backordered for 3 months. They were so worth the wait and the company even gave me an extra 20% off for waiting.
5. True Food Kitchen – Eclectic, spontaneous & healthy restaurant….a foodies’ paradise!
6. Very Baked Oatmeal – low-calorie, warm & satisfying breakfast, perfect for a winter weekend!
7. Keeping Up With The Kardashians – Yes, I am a reality TV junkie & I love the Kardashians! The new season on E! started last Sunday with back-to-back new episodes Sunday & Monday. I can’t wait to see what is in store for tonight’s episode!
Question – what are you loves this week?