Almond Chia Hemp Flax Bars are no bake superfood granola bars made with oats, dates, almonds, chia, hemp, flax, a touch of chocolate & no added sugar. A naturally sweet and salty snack bar no one can resist!
Monday! Why do you always come so soon? I want a weekend redux. This weekend was particularly nice in Arizona with its unusual cloud cover and rainy weather. Yesterday I went for a 5 mile walk and it poured on me. I didn’t care though. I was just thankful I had a day I could walk pain free since the accident last year.
There have too many days of pain. Even now, I have bad days so when a good day comes along, I savor it. I didn’t let that rain stop me. I just kept going. Plus, I didn’t have any other option. I had to get home one way or another. 🙂
So yes, I want a weekend redux so I can have another one of those good days. And just like some days need a redux, some recipes deserve a redux too like these Almond Chia Hemp Flax Bars!
These bars are absolutely delicious, and it would be a shame to not show them off to the world again with pictures that look appetizing. They’re no bake which means after blending in a food processor or blender for a few minutes you’ve got finger-licking good granola bars.
What’s even better? They’re loaded with nutrient rich ingredients. Flax (fiber), chia and hemp seeds (omega3 superfoods + protein), almonds (protein + healthy fat) and oats (complex carbohydrates).
You’ve never tasted the best homemade granola bar until you’ve had these Almond Chia Hemp Flax Bars. They’re sweet, salty and naturally sweetened with coconut and dates, and taste better than any granola bar you’ll ever buy.
Nutrition + No Bake + Irresistible Taste. What more could you ask for?
- In a food processor layer dates, almond and oats. Pulse the blender several times until finely chopped.
- To the mixture, add coconut oil, salt, almond extract, flax meal, hemp, chia and coconut flakes. Blend on high until a sticky mixture forms. If a sticky mixture doesn't form, add more dates, one at a time, until it does.
- Remove the mixture from the blender and transfer to a small mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate chips to the bowl and stir until dispersed throughout the batter.
- Prepare an 8"x8" square baking dish by criss-crossing parchment paper allowing it to hang over the edges of the baking dish for easy removal.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish, pressing it firmly into the pan to flatten and even it out.
- Refrigerate the bars overnight. In the morning, remove the bars from the baking dish by lifting the sides of the parchment paper up. Cut into 16 bars with a pizza cutter or large sharp knife.
- Store bars in the refrigerator up to a week or in the freezer up to one month.
What’s something you want a redux of? Do you have good days and bad days?